I often find myself in situations where everything is in right order. In rhythm. In absolute harmony. Sometimes I have felt that “Order” is good. Order is the indication that I am on the right path. But sometimes – I just feel the opposite. Order in everyday life activities is the indication that I am playing safe. I am not living to the fullest.
There is always a bridge between order and chaos in life. The founder and former CEO of Visa credit card association, Dee Hock, once referred this as “Chaordic System” – an organisation that blends characteristics of chaos and order. Most people assume that “order” is harmonious existence. But, I feel its not. Accepting chaos and order in life and treating them with equal consideration is harmonious existence. If you quietly observe the nature around you – the living creatures and the evolutionary process – you can find the evidence to the statement I made. There is chaos. There is order. The system is Chaordic.
Maximum results from our self can be achieved by adopting Chaordic path. Living fully often can raise us up the ladder or pull us down. Embracing both success and failure equally and improvising towards achieving our ultimate vision is the essence of personal development. This is equally true in organisations around the world.
One way to “find order” or “create chaos” (or find your chaordic spot) is by asking questions. Asking better questions drive us to the right answers. Asking questions to seek true knowledge. Brilliant Idea. Clarity is the mother of mastery. Both personal and organisational.
Here is a list of 33 questions that I had blogged last year. Questions for self-empowerment and knowledge. I have updated and reframed them for better clarity and effectiveness. Here you go -
33 Questions – Seek Knowledge by Question (original post from last year)
Here, I have listed 33 questions that I reflect upon every Sunday night. These questions help me to stay focused and clear through out the week. They help me to stay “Chaordic”.
1. What are the things I am grateful for right now?
2. Where I want to be in 1 year, 5 year and 10 years from now?
3. What is the biggest challenge I have right now?
4. What is my most urgent problem now? What needs immediate attention?
5. If I could have anything what could it be?
6. How could I be of better service to others? How can I help others to help themselves?
7. What am my wasting time with? What is holding me back the most?
8. What am I putting up with? What am I tolerating (people, events and situations)? What drains my energy?
9. What is my career vision? What is my Life vision?
10. What opportunities I have now? What opportunities am I missing?
11. What changes should I make right now?
12. What risks should I take? What am I waiting for?
13. What are my goals? What are my priority goals? (BHAGs)
14. What’s pending in my IN-BASKET (A book in which I keep my day to day to-do lists)? What can I do to keep it up-to-date?
15. What does my ideal life look like? (Sit back, close your eyes, and just visualize)
16. What are my PASSIONS? What gives me the most Joy? What motivates me?
17. What is my purpose in life? (Simple to ask.. but you really need to think. Your purpose should not be just to yourself. It’s about how can you contribute to the society to make it a better place. How can your product of passion contribute to build a better world.)
18. What skills do I want to/need to learn?
19. Where am I out-of balance? Where am I stuck?
20. Do I have enough Joy/Fun in life? Do I play when I need to?
21. How is my self-esteem?
22. What will I have regretted not doing at the end of my life? When and how can I do it?
23. What is my support-system? Do I need a larger support-system? How are my connections? How can I associate or disassociate or limit my associations? (This is very important)
24. What about my IMAGE? IMAGE is Innovation, Mastery, Authenticity, Guts(Persistence) and Ethics? (Learnt this acronym from Leader who had no title from Robin Sharma – Wonderful book – Read it- More importantly Live it)
25. How can I focus completely on things that matter? How can I channel my creativity and grace?
26. How can I push myself more- both physically and mentally?
27. Who are my most inspiring role models? Am I following the lessons I learnt from them?
28. How can I improve my health and temperance?
29. How can I be a better Leader and Visionary?
30. What legacy would I like to live?
31. How can I improve my relationships?
32. How much of happiness am I pouring into my life right now? (Happiness is not the output. It is the input to life).
33. How can I do more of the following things-
- Be curious. (Child-like)
- Ask questions
- Solve problems
- Make connections (those worth doing)
Perfection is the process of getting better every day. Ask right questions – you will find answers. At least the path that leads to it. Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary and meaningful things in an extraordinary way.
I hope this helps you to find your own Chaordic path.
If you like this, Share with friends
These are my set of questions. Please do leave a comment below – mentioning one question that you like to remove or add to the above list.
On the top of the world as I write this post,